Thread: CA/AA question

Bloodfin Member
    Contribute Please support the Bloodfin server by contributing!!!
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

darth8875     $ 0.00

CA/AA question

Why has the ability to loot tapes when crafting on practice mode been removed? While I understand that that did make tapes a dime a dozen, it removed an obstacle to enjoying all of Bloodfin's extra content for those players who cannot spend ten hours a day farming.

In my opinion, one of the best things about Bloodfin pre-wipe was that a person with a family and demanding job could still enjoy the newer content because they did not have to spend months either farming for their tapes or spend months running mundane missions to afford the insane prices those tapes sell for on other servers.

Was there a reason why this change was made?

Bloodfin Donator
    Total Contributions For

Nils     $ 120.77
    I don't know, but I'm with you, bringing back the ability to get tapes while crafting would be awesome!
    Baldy - Master Arch
    Yiyar - Master Digger
    Lopio - Master Ranger
    Kemma - Master Creature Handler
    Just a few others....

Bloodfin Member

Total Contributions For

darth8875     $ 0.00
    I wonder if Facebook has been checked by any staff members since I opened this thread?

Bloodfin Donator
    Total Contributions For

meerkat333     $ 9.41
    Agreed, all it has done is made the uber player even more richer as they have the abiltity to buy the tapes they need and to then farm even more. Making tapes easily available (as pre-wipe) to the more casual player "leveled the playing feild" a bit so that a casual player could at least be equipped at the same level as the uber player. I have noticed that on the FB its all the same "high End" players that voice their concearns about problems with the server and then if anyone else complains they start a big troll on that guy lol
    At present server poplation is 430, i would make a guess at say 30-50 of them are "uber" players while approx 400 is the more casual player (which u could also equate to even more casual population as some maybe not logged on all the time)
    I personally think the bloodfin server before the wipe was great due to the extra content and the quick grind that meant players who can not dedicate every possible hour to playing can still enjoy even being half uber hopefully the server devs will make some middle level content instead of just high end stuff all the time,
    I have also noticed that NPCs seem to have increased Damage or accuracy now compared to pre wipe????

Bloodfin Member

Total Contributions For

darth8875     $ 0.00
    I was hoping that someone on staff could give us some input on why the devs decided to do away with crafters getting tapes as loot.

Why do we even post on here anyway? The only player group that matters seems to be the Facebook crowd.....

Bloodfin Member

Total Contributions For

Uberstak     $ 14.26
    Sad but true!

Blog Entries

Total Contributions For

Roses     $ 0.00
    the facebook crowd does not get all of our attention. I personally have had alot going on, and try to get here everyday to respond if I can, I may miss some if I have to step away to handle something RL, then come back and just close it out. We have said that forums should be our first line of communication then posted to FB 2nd, as there is an entire community here on forums that do NOT have FB. I will send a message to the Dev's again to try and visit here more often.
    now to answer your questions, the ca/aa come from geo cave at a good pace, and or do ns. It was a lengthly discussion amongst the dev's that the crafting game be removed, since now they were introduced via the geo cave as well.
    Now if you feel that something needs to change on this, we can surely talk with the Senators, and have them gather info for us about this, and then we can revisit this subject.

"Beautiful to look at ... but dangerous to touch"
    was given the Honoray name "Queen of Bloodfin" by my Husband Heat

Bloodfin Donator
    Total Contributions For

Nils     $ 120.77
    I would really like to revisit this discussion. Like Darth8875 I very much enjoy the game but find that I can't devote a large amount of time to combat. Therefore, grinding credits, although some say it's easy, is NOT easy if you don't really have time. I craft because I enjoy it. The AA's/CA's don't have to drop every time I craft something, but one out of 5 or 10 would be nice, even make it out of 25 if they are really good drops? Surveying tapes are hard to find and even then are very expensive. If the CA's dropped again from crafting, it would make it that much easier (and better balanced) for those of us that want to play, but can't spend the endless hours grinding to find AA's/CA's/Credits. Although it wouldn't help me for combat, if the only tapes that dropped from crafting were crafting tapes, I wouldn't be opposed to that either.

I know there are some that would be against to the idea, but honestly, like the tag from live says..."It's your adventure".

Just some thoughts, but it would be nice to be able to get some rewards for my time crafting.
    Baldy - Master Arch
    Yiyar - Master Digger
    Lopio - Master Ranger
    Kemma - Master Creature Handler
    Just a few others....

Total Contributions For

jinnxy     $ 0.00
    I had asked about ca/aa’s After the wipe because ppl were not happy about them being looted now. This is what I was told in short.. “No we don't want them craft as it takes away a huge part of the economy, tapes are supposed to be a highly prized item”. Does this help answer your question?

Ryn & Ehja - ZEN at Nirvana Oasis Naboo & ZEN at Serenity Dunes Tatooine
    ZEN & ENT Guilds
    Ehja - Entertainer Senator

Total Contributions For

Codec     $ 0.00
    One idea is maybe make it possible but with lower numbers but high enough to make them desirable