Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CA/AA question

Bloodfin Member
    Contribute Please support the Bloodfin server by contributing!!!
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

badbri13     $ 43.09
    I am new to the community and I've only been playing a few weeks. I didn't start playing SWG until after NGE was implemented. I know there are a high number of NGE haters who quit because of it. I understand how you feel, and I have felt the same toward other games that had major changes. Many of my friends in the later years of NGE had quit when it was implemented and came back several years later to see what it was like. When they saw all of the added content, they viewed it as a different game, started over and they stayed through the end.

Even during NGE there were constant "game balancing" in the patches and there were several changes that I did not agree with, but as a player you have to adapt to the changes. After playing on bloodfin for a month I can understand why people were upset about the profession system, but there was a lot of great content that was added over the following years. That is why I am here on bloodfin, because I can tolerate the pre-NGE turn based combat system since there is additional content from NGE. There are pros and cons of both versions of the game and I hope that bloodfin can take the best from both worlds. From what I have seen, they are doing a great job so far.

The pre-cu system is like playing a different game and it is a constant learning process. Even the crafting is similar, but different.

Quote Originally Posted by jinnxy View Post
    I had asked about ca/aa’s After the wipe because ppl were not happy about them being looted now. This is what I was told in short.. “No we don't want them craft as it takes away a huge part of the economy, tapes are supposed to be a highly prized item”. Does this help answer your question?

I do not understand how looted attachments would take away from the economy? I think it is detrimental to the economy because it is taking away from the crafting professions. Armor and clothing attachments are not "highly prized items", they are necessary to build your character to match your play style. They are necessary to equip your character for both crafting and combat professions, so you can survive against the elite mobs and bosses and go get the truly prized and/or rare items. If you want to make attachments a loot drop, then make them slightly higher than the cap and make them a rare drop. Then you will have your highly prized item. At least allow the crafters to aquire attachments even if they are a lower grade than the loot drops.

I would like to see reverse engineering as a way for crafters to aquire attachements. I think that would make more sense to reverse engineer a piece of looted clothing or armor (with stats) to get a CA or AA, than have one randomly pop into my inventory when I'm crafting something.

Bloodfin Member
    Total Contributions For

warchef     $ 9.41
    there is a gap between mastering a profession and actually being viable enough to go to geo cave or nightsisters with no tapes. i just returned to bloodfin, and am starting over and finding a huge gap in viablity

i suggest looking at making CA/AA that drop via practice mode to be limited to like 15, with the 25's being lootable. or make them rarer then they were while crafting. a 10 knockdown or def vs dizzy would save my game right now. ass it is i spend 3/4 of the time on my back and praying i can eventually stand up..

the crafting game for CA/AA was a huge part of my enjoyment pre wipe, i made my living by selling them

i miss not having them around.

Bloodfin Donator
    Total Contributions For

Nils     $ 120.77
    All great arguments. A lower drop rate from crafters is definitely a viable option IMO. They don't have to drop like crazy as it was before, maybe one good tape every 100 builds or so, whatever it takes. Or you can make the tapes that crafters drop...crafter tapes only, maybe tied to the quality of materials used? You can leave the combat tapes to drops from bosses etc. However you wish, I would just like to see the "possibility" of a tape drop from crafting again. I'm not big into the combat professions, I enjoy the crafting game and mainly stick to that so finding tapes, as mainly a crafter player is next to impossible.

Can we do something please?
    Nilz - BH - Smugglers Alliance
    Yiyar - Master Arch
    Bear - Beast Master
    Needles - Master Doc
    Many more pilots and squadrons to come.....

Bloodfin Member
    Contribute Please support the Bloodfin server by contributing!!!
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

Santay     $ 0.00
    Quote Originally Posted by badbri13 View Post

I would like to see reverse engineering as a way for crafters to aquire attachements. I think that would make more sense to reverse engineer a piece of looted clothing or armor (with stats) to get a CA or AA, than have one randomly pop into my inventory when I'm crafting something.
    I would love to see reverse engineering introduced, it would be great if we could strip out the mods we want out of clothing/armor/weapon loot drops and save them as a skill tape to be used in crafting another item or dropped into a slotted crafted item. i support adding slots to weapons , PSG's and backpacks. heck even rings , necklaces , earrings for that matter. It would be nice to have a weapon and RE it to add 4 slots to drop the mods into.